Tuesday, March 10, 2009

staying power

In addition to yoga, I regularly spend time on my exercise bike. Tuesdays and Thursdays are givens because I watch a lot of TV those nights (Exercising to The Biggest Loser is really enjoyable), and I usually hop on another night or two.

On Biggest Loser nights, I usually bike for about 30 minutes per hour of the show for a total of 600 calories lost. Normally I have to pause my bike a few times to stretch and get a drink. Tonight, I got on that bike and stayed on for 64 minutes straight.

It could be that I finally hit a point in my cardio where I was ready enough and focused enough to stay on the bike for that long. However, I can't help but wonder if my regular yoga sessions have added to my stamina in a positive way.

I do have weights, stretchy bands and a medicine ball, but I don't use them regularly. For the most part, yoga is my weight-bearing exercise. I Googled yoga and stamina and found this feature on five yoga moves to improve stamina, so I guess my theory isn't completely baseless. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment